Physical fitness for older adults promises them an active life. Tai Chi is a boon for those who want to live life to the fullest. Originating from China, a form of martial art, ‘Tai-Chi’ is attracting older Americans towards its self-healing method. Many older adults are practicing this ancient therapy to improve their posture, stability, muscle mass, flexibility, stamina and strength.
What is Tai Chi all About?
Tai chi is an exclusive therapy designed for the physical fitness for older adults. Its mind and body system involves: movement, meditation, and breathing to improve health. It is helpful in avoiding various diseases like high blood pressure, risks of heart disease and diabetes, improves cardiovascular fitness, relieves chronic pain, reduces falls and fractures, helps to tone muscles, makes you stronger, improves balance, longevity and can be helpful for sound sleep.
Things to Be Taken Care Of While Performing Tai-Chi
* Each form or movement of Tai Chi is inspired by nature.
* Each posture involves very relaxed and slow globular motions, with shifts in body weight with little foot movement.
* One session of Tai Chi take 8-10 minutes which should be performed in continuity.
* Always wear loose cloths while performing Tai Chi.
* Tai Chi is slow movement, so don’t try to be very strong while performing it.
* There is no fixed timing to practice it. You can do it according to your convenience.
* Make sure that your body posture is correct in order to avoid any strain or jerk.
* To reduce the risk of falls and fractures, it is important to learn and to perform all the movements properly. So as a fresher, practice under an expert.
* It is always better to consult your doctor before starting any program for physical fitness for older adults.
Research shows that Tai Chi endorses meditation and is particularly designed for older adults and for people who are physically weak. Tai Chi balances the Ying and Yang forces to bring harmony and inner peace, which is helpful in preventing illness and improving overall health. Tai Chi is a program for the physical fitness for older adults. It is very helpful in curing all the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis. Sun, Wu, Hao, Yang, Zhao, Chen, Bao are among the various form of Tai Chi. It is the most enjoyable fitness program for older adults. Tai Chi simply generates the message: Health is wealth.